Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto


One of my blogposts has gotten over 800 page views. Over 800!


I know this doesn’t seem like much in the world of big-time bloggers who get hundreds of thousands of page views. But for little old me who started with about 10 page views per post, this is HUGE! That’s either a 800% increase or 8000%. I’m too happy to do math. I think I’ve gone viral.


But now I’m experiencing the dilemma marketing folks in many companies feel about social media. What did I do that attracted these people? (Was it the catchy headline? Something in the content? Was it the guest post I wrote for another blog?) Who are these readers? Are they the people I want to reach? Will they come back? What can I do to make them come back? And is this worth the effort?


AARRGGHH! Success can be stressful.


Upon reflection what I keep coming back to is gratitude. So…Thank you, readers, for your attention and time. I hope you found something of value. Thank you, Geoffrey Cooling, for inviting me to expound in your great blog, Just Stuff, (http://geoffreycooling.blogspot.com/). Thank you, LinkedIn and Twitter for being my forum. Thank you, universe.


Thanks. Gracias. Danke. Merci. Obrigado. Grazie.

No comments:

Post a Comment